Privacy & Cookies Policy
Last updated: May 2018
ourscreen Limited (hereafter referred to as ourscreen), is a platform to book cinema tickets and to crowdsource cinema screenings.
ourscreen is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following information that you volunteer to us in our website’s forms, such as when your register on ourscreen or sign up to our newsletters:
- email address
- postcode (voluntarily provided)
- date of birth (voluntarily provided)
- gender (voluntarily provided)
- other information voluntarily provided such ourscreen account avatar and description
3. WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
ourscreen collects your information and holds it on ourscreen servers. If you have given us permission, your information will also be on Mailchimp mailing lists. Only the ourscreen team has access to that information as well as authorised third parties that assist us in providing our services (eg: digital agency and payment system).
4. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Collecting and processing your information is necessary to book tickets on ourscreen, organise a screening and understand your needs to provide you with a better service.
5. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We require this information to process bookings, update you about new films and events relevant to you and to provide you with a better service:
- Tickets Bookings: your information will be used to confirm your booking, update you on your screening status, deliver your e-ticket and for customer service purposes.
- Marketing email: if you have opted in to our newsletters, we will email you occasionally about new films and screenings or other news you think you may find interesting. You will have the option to opt out from these newsletters at any time.
- Feedback emails: we will email you after the screening to ask for your feedback. The data will be voluntarily provided and use to improve our services and customise the website according to your interests.
6. WILL WE SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Your information will not be shared with any third parties unless absolutely necessary or required by law. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Generally, we will only use your information within ourscreen. However, we may share your information with third parties that assist us with the services we provide on the website, for example the operational service providers and venues. Please note the venues will be sent a guest list with your name on it if you have booked tickets to any confirmed screening on ourscreen.
These third parties are not authorised to use the information we share with them for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA?
- Right of access: you can request to access your information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to rectification: you can require having your information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: you can request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. ourscreen will not hold your information for longer than necessary.
- Right to restrict processing: you can request for your data not to be processed anymore.
- Right to data portability: you can obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You can object by emailing email@example.com
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling: none of ourscreen processing currently constitute automated decision making.
10. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any further questions regarding the data ourscreen collects or how we use it then please feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: May 2018
For modern websites to work according to visitors expectations, they need to collect certain basic information about visitors. To do this, a site will create small text files which are placed on visitor’s devices – these files are known as cookies. Cookies are uniquely assigned to each visitor, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to the visitor. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to a visitor’s device.
Cookies do various jobs which make the visitor’s experience of the internet much smoother and more interactive. For instance, cookies are used to remember the visitor’s preferences on sites they visit often, to remember language preference and to help navigate between pages more efficiently. Much, though not all, of the data collected is anonymous, though some of it is designed to detect browsing patterns and approximate geographical location to improve the visitor experience.
- A cookie is set when you log in so that we know who you are during ticket purchase, screening creation and any other account-specific activity you perform. How long this cookie lasts depends on whether you ticket “remember me” during login or not. If you do not tick “remember me”, then a session cookie is set which is automatically removed when you close your browser. If you do tick “remember me”, then a persistent, first-party cookie is set which remembers your login for 12 months. This cookie is called “ourscreen-auth”
- A session cookie is set for all users in order for the site to function correctly and display messaging between pages. This cookie is called “ASP.NET_SessionId”. It is a session cookie which is automatically removed when you close your browser.
- For your security and to help protect against malicious activity, a session cookie is set each time you visit called “__RequestVerificationToken”. This contains a security hash used by our systems to validate any information submitted by you to the website.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
2. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We embed videos content from websites such as YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on the website (such as Facebook, Twitter or any other social networks if available), a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. ourscreen does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
3. MANAGING COOKIES
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.