Privacy and Cookies
Cookies on www.ourscreen.com
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. ‘First-party’ cookies are set by the site domain listed in the address bar. ‘Third-party’ cookies come from other domain sources that have items such as adverts or images embedded on the page.
The information below explains the cookies we use and why.
- A cookie is set when you log in so that we know who you are during ticket purchase, screening creation and any other account-specific activity you perform. How long this cookie lasts depends on whether you ticket “remember me” during login or not. If you do not tick “remember me”, then a session cookie is set which is automatically removed when you close your browser. If you do tick “remember me”, then a persistent, first-party cookie is set which remembers your login for 12 months. This cookie is called “ourscreen-auth”
- A session cookie is set for all users in order for the site to function correctly and display messaging between pages. This cookie is called “ASP.NET_SessionId”. It is a session cookie which is automatically removed when you close your browser.
- When you first visit the homepage, an overlay is displayed explaining how the ourscreen proposition works. So that you don’t see this message every time you visit the home page a persistent, first-party cookie is set as soon as you visit the site which will last for 12 months. This cookie is called “visitedBefore”
- For your security and to help protect against malicious activity, a session cookie is set each time you visit called “__RequestVerificationToken”. This contains a security hash used by our systems to validate any information submitted by you to the website.
Privacy on www.ourscreen.com
ourscreen is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ourscreen may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 18, 2014.
I. WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other non-personal information voluntarily provided
II. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to allow you access to the website.
- To deal with and satisfy your requests and enquiries.
- To analyse and improve our products and services.
- To provide you with information about our new products and services, special events and offers, transactions or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
III. WILL WE SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within ourscreen. However, sometimes we may share your information with third parties that assist us with the services we provide on the website, for example the operational service providers and venues. These third parties are not authorized to use the information we share with them for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way. Additionally, we may provide social media features in our website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) and other networking opportunities and your use of these features may allow others to collect or share information about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
V. COOKIES POLICY
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
B. Strictly necessary cookies
Some cookies are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. You can disable these cookies, but these will stop our website from functioning properly.
This website will:
- Use a cookie to control the appearance of the cookies information banner. This cookie is set on arrival to the site by default. It expires after a set time and is not set again unless a user changes their cookie settings.
- Use a cookie to allow you to sign in to the website.
Functional cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the website to you.
This Website Will:
- Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
D. Third party cookies
We embed videos content from websites such as YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on the website (such as Facebook, Twitter or any other social networks if available), a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. ourscreen does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
E. Managing cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
VI. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
VII. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.