Virtual Cinema Community Guidelines
At Virtual Cinema we value and actively encourage online conversation and debate.
Our aim is for all users to engage in a fun and informal way. We hope to provide a space for participants to connect with others, share their knowledge and appreciation of great fun films.
Virtual Cinema has a small social media team which aims to monitor all comments on our pages and connected channels.
What type of contributions do we invite?
- Personal views and thoughts.
- Comments intended to stimulate conversation or discussion.
- Constructive criticism/feedback about Virtual Cinema and its activities.
- Contextualised links to relevant content on Virtual Cinema.
What type of contributions will be removed?
- Irrelevant and uncontextualised promotional messages.
- Inappropriate comments about individuals, including Virtual Cinema members of staff.
- Hate-speech targeted at people and communities on the basis of race, gender, sexuality, disability and other identity traits.
- Spoilers about plot developments in the film / show.
- Identical or similar comments contributed more than once.
Note: the Virtual Cinema retains the right to distinguish between constructive criticism and offensive or harmful content.
Terminating comment threads
In certain cases, commenting will be disabled if it has sparked hate-speech or other forms of abusive behaviour. This is to encourage focused and positive conversations within our community spaces and to maintain a safe environment for all involved.
Banning community members
Community members who continue to disregard the above guidelines after receiving a written warning will be banned from contributing to our site. They will receive an email or message via social media explaining the reasons for this decision.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or others, such as your telephone number, postal or email address, or any other details that could allow you to be identified.
You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material on Virtual Cinema and our social media profiles. This includes text and any type of media.
Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting illegal acts is not permitted.
You agree to submit contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe any copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy and publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If you submit a contribution, you agree to allow Virtual Cinema to use the material in your contribution in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world. Any contributions you make may be reviewed, edited and/or removed.
You agree not to impersonate a third party or use inappropriate (i.e. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.